Penang Food Hunt : Teluk Kumbar Seafood (Penang Beach Side Restaurant)

Sunday 11950 Teluk Kumbar, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia

Looking for beach side restaurant in Penang? I'm not going to talk about those high end and romantic restaurant, but, I'm going to introduce you an economic seafood restaurant  that you must try out at least once when you travelling to Penang. If you're looking for very high class fine dining experience, then this post is clearly not for you. Teluk Kumbar is one of the famous beach side restaurant in Penang. Teluk Kumbar Seafood is a seafood restaurant offering a variety of fresh seafood.


I love beach. I love sitting by the shore, feeling the sand in my toes, feeling the fresh air on my face and the wind blowing through my hair ... We reach Teluk Kumbar Seafood Restaurant by 6pm, not so many customers. The place is filthy dirty. Don't put your expectation too high,  there's no beautiful white sand and crystal clear sea water. 

I spent less than RM90 for the dinner. Expensive or not? Let's see what we've ordered! 


First thing to order, satay. There's a small satay stall beside Kumbar Restaurant. The satay is different from regular satay we use to eat at Malay food stall. Their satay do not come with the peanut sauce, but s very special sauce has been added on the meat when served. Their satay do not much fat compare to the regular satay. 


Stir-fried Sweet Potato Leaves with Sambal Belacan. Beside Kangkung, sweet potato leave is one of my favourite local veggie dishes! Nothing special about this dish... ... 


Golden Fragrance (Kam Heong) Mantis Prawn. This is the best mantis prawn i ever try. It was fresh and does taste very good. I love the way they fry prawn mantis, not so oily and the amount of flour added just nice, not too much. the flour is well coated but not thick at all. 100 likes for this dishes! 


Crispy sweet and sour fish!  It's a crunchy  fried fish coated in  sweet and sour sauce, filled with colorful vegetables. The fish meat is still juicy and moist even after deep fried. The fish skin is so crispy! The sauce is thick and gooey. I like things which is really saucy, and I love this sweet and sour fish do much! 


Okay, this is the scariest thing I ever eat. We ordered a small one, but still the portion is big, I don't think 3 people can finish this dish tho. The octopus is so chewy, i chew until my jaw want to drop =.= ... I think I'm scared of octopus already, will stop eating octopus for 1 year. LOL!!! 


If you're looking for some where to go, to spend your precious time with your family, then maybe here would be a good place for you. 


Good night and sweet dream. 
 photo PicMonkeyCollageb_meitu_1_zpsfe975011.jpg

Post a Comment

© Trislynn Chan. Design by Fearne.